Over the last couple of months, you may have noticed that Spectrum now automatically ‘powers on’ to the default Spectrum News channel. If you’re like me, you may have your favorite go-to channels like The Weather Channel, HBO, Showtime or your favorite news channel.
While this may seem like a minor annoyance, it is a bit of a pain to constantly change to your go-to channel instead of that channel just being there.
There is a way to chance your default ‘power on’ channel on Time Warner Spectrum receivers.
Here’s How To Change Your Time Warner Spectrum ‘Power On’ Channel
- Turn on your TV & Spectrum receiver
- Press the ‘Settings’ button on your Spectrum remote
- Press the right button and select ‘Display’ > ‘Power On Channel’
- Enter the channel number or scroll down until you find the channel you’re looking for
- Press ‘Exit’
- Turn off receiver and turn on to ensure changes have been made
That’s it! Your Time Warner Spectrum receiver should now power on to the default channel you’ve selected.